A major benefit of being a partner with the Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium and Sinclair Community College is the opportunity for Tech Prep students to earn college credit at no cost to them. There are 3 types of Sinclair Tech Prep Credit:
MVTPC Articulated Credit (AA)
Based on a bi-lateral agreement between a secondary partner and Sinclair, students may earn these Pass/Fail credits by completing the curriculum, skill and, if applicable, receiving a certification or credential. Credits are processed by the MVTPC Office at the culmination of a student’s high school experience and, with the student’s permission, posted to their Sinclair transcript as ‘AA’ (Articulated Credit). These credits do not affect a student’s Sinclair GPA and may not transfer to other post-secondary institutions. We encourage students to check with the college/university they intend to transfer to for details.
MVTPC Proficiency Credit (PR)
Based on a bi-lateral agreement between a secondary partner and Sinclair, students may earn these letter grade credits by demonstrating proficiency in a Sinclair Course taught by their Career Tech high school instructor through assessment(s) agreed upon by Sinclair Faculty. Credits are processed by the MVTPC Office at the culmination of a student’s high school experience and, with the student’s permission, posted to their Sinclair transcript with a letter grade and # sign. These credits do affect a student’s Sinclair GPA and may not transfer to other post-secondary institutions. We encourage students to check with the college/university they intend to transfer to for details.
Career Technical Assurance Guide (CTAG) is a post-secondary credit type structured by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) for high school students participating in career technical education that offer CTAG aligned courses. Credits are earned by completion of assessments and other requirements specific to the course. The process for obtaining this credit at receiving institutions is dictated by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and ODHE. Course credit will only be posted for those courses with curricular matches at Sinclair. The Credit Option documents linked below reference CTAG courses for which Sinclair has matches at the time of its creation, but it is encouraged that you review the State Reporting System for a more up to date list. Support: Link to ODE CTAG support: https://www.ohiohighered.org/transfer/ct2
2022 - 2023 Sinclair Tech Prep Credit Options by Pathway
To view AY 2022 - 2023 Sinclair Tech Prep credit options and course information for each pathway, click on the pathways below.
To view 2021 – 2022 Sinclair Tech Prep credit options and course information for each pathway, click here!
- BIS 1105 IT Fundamentals – Available in the IT Pathway
- CAM 1108 Machine Shop Fundamentals – Available in the Construction and Manufacturing Pathways
- CIS 1202 C++ Software Development – CTAG in IT
- CIS 2212 Java Software Development I – CTAG in IT
- CIS 2266 Python for Data Analytics – Available in the IT Pathway
- HVA 1221 Heating Systems – Available in the Construction Pathway
- MAN 1114 Introduction to Sports Management – Available in the Business & Marketing Pathways
- PRL 2107 Cosmetology – 30 credit hours toward the NEW! Cosmetology Management Associates degree!
- MHT 1101 Introduction to Mental Health Services – CTAG in Health Science
- MHT 1130 Fundamentals of Addiction Counseling CDCA Preliminary – CTAG in Health Science
- AGR 1160 Introduction to Agriculture Science – Articulated credit type only. Credit earned by proof of FFA Membership.
- ACC 1100 Survey of Accounting – Changed from Proficiency credit type to Articulated credit type. Credit (pass/fail) is earned by providing proof of passing WebXam score [Financial Accounting, Subject Code: 143005].
- MAT 1125 Math for the Culinary Arts & Baking & Pastry Arts Professional – New FPS, Jasmine Roberts (email@example.com)
- MAT 1130 Mathematics in Health Sciences – New FPS, Patti Bromer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CIS 1350 Web Site Development with HTML & CSS – New FPS, Jeffrey Sommer (Jeffrey.email@example.com) & minor course modifications (see Need to Know)
- DEH 1102 Introduction to Dental Hygiene – New FPS, Wendy Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Aviation courses – David Miller will now be primary FPS, Sean Bohn is now secondary FPS
No longer available:
- AGR 1200 Agricultural Economics – functions best through CCP, so it is no longer a Tech Prep credit option
- AVT 1110 Private Pilot Ground School (CTAG in Aviation) – Expired due to misalignment per ODHE